The Friends of the Middlesex Library welcome new and gently used book donations. Most donations are sold by the Friends in the lobby of the Library. The money raised helps fund Friends' educational and musical programs. On occasion, donations are used to augment the Library's collections.
The Friends and the Library are grateful for the generosity of individuals wishing to donate materials.
Please note the following guidelines pertaining to donations:
1. The Library reserves the right to use donations for the Friends of the Library book sales or the Library collection. If the material is determined to be inappropriate for either, the Library reserves the right to discard.
2. Donations must be in acceptable physical condition. We cannot accept:
c. Reader's Digest Condenses Books
d. Cassette tapes, LPs, 8-track tapes, or VCR tapes
e. Items that are mildewed, moldy, or damp
f. Books that have been written in, highlighted, underlined, or have yellowed/stained pages, or broken spines.
3. Donations of local historical materials are encouraged.
4. The evaluation and disposition of gift materials is the responsibility of the Library staff and authorized by the Library Director.
5. Receipts given to donors by the Library are limited to general acknowledgment that a gift was received. Assignment of value for income tax or other purposes is the responsibility of the donor. The Library does not appraise materials nor endorse appraisals provided by donors.
6. The donor is responsible for delivering all donations to the circulation desk of the Library. Library staff cannot provide assistance in bringing donations to the Library.
7. Monetary donations are always gratefully accepted.